Friday, September 12, 2008

Dirt Cheap Buffet

Burp!
I just came back from Syuen Hotel for buka puasa with my housies and I'm so full that the food is at evel of my esophagus already. Syuen is celebrating their 15th (I think) anniversary and they have a special offer for the buffet spread. We had to pay only RM20 each person and well, for RM20 buffet, don't expect much, of course. The spread was ok and the choices were rather limited, I'd say.
***
Since we left school, merdeka's eve has been one of the few events we've never missed to celebrate. Every year it has been all about the fireworks...but this year, we wanted to do something different and go somewhere else other than The Curve. Somewhere which we don't have to deal with the traffic, the almost-impossible parking spot, and somewhere rather laid back and not too crowded with sweaty people. We went to Jaya One for the Rantai Art Festival where there were booths selling clothes and accesories (some of them are those online boutiques I've been blog-hopping to) and there were also those wonderful underground singers performing that night. It was a rather casual get-together and of course, a whole lot of camwhoring. At midnight, everyone gathered around the stage and stood up and sang 'Negaraku' after the routine "Merdeka! Merdeka! Merdeka!". I was looking around while singing the anthem and it was kinda nice to see people my age singing the song wholeheartedly and sincerely.
****
This year, our dearest Jepun, our fair lady's birthday fell in the month of Ramadhan...thus, the celebration is slightly different from our usual birthday celebrations. With Ema as the kepala, and Hashley as the main man (kesian u kene menipu banyak, Hash..) we organized the surprised birthday via facebook. Our discussion was so long that the thread became as many as 130 messages and as long as 5 pages!...but of course, there were times we were slightly off tract sikit (discussing benda lain la tu..hehe). We planned to make zaza feel sad and dissapointed (too much, no?) before her birthday by telling her everybody was busy on that day and we can only celebrate her birthday by buka puasa together at muhibbah 3 DAYS after her birthday...kesian zaza..
The celebration turned out awe-shheeme! We all were eating endlessly sampai tak payah sahur the next morning..there were Tasha and Hash's kuih sampan (so banyak that it was almost like pesta kuih sampan), Shida's yummy spaghetti, Faratiya's mum's famous seafood pasta, and...semualah! The cake we ordered was scrumptious! I ate 3 slices (and of course it went straight to my waist, thank you). The highlight of the night has to be us playing CRANIUM!! Best k! I think next time whenever we have another get-together(s) nih, we have to play this game! hehe..I still can't get over the fact my boyfriend did that Beyonce move!
Well, all in all I (and the rest) hope that Zaza enjoyed herself that night (u did, didn't u?? hehe) and we all hope that she loves the Polaroid camera we gave her..love you Za!= )