I really really need to start studying. I've been slacking for quite some time now. My end-of-posting exam is next week n I havent even started. Yeah..I know...I am the king of all procrastinators. I guess because I realized how little the percentage for this exam is, I developed this "so-what-if-I-don't-get-good-grade-for-this-one" attitude. Tsk tsk.Bad.I know.
Lemme explain how exactly my 3rd year examination and grading system works..
We have 5 postings to complete..which are:
medicine
obstetrics & gynaecology
primary care medicine
surgery
pediatrics
Since medicine is so wide and there's a lot of things to learn, we have 2 rounds of medicine postings. We'll be posted 2 months in each field and every 2 months there will be an exam. We will also have a Public Health paper and they (the UM people) will accumulate all these marks and add it up with the final paper which I will be sitting for in December this year.
See..now you know why I'm lazy.
Don't get me wrong. I enjoy studying, I enjoy learning about medicine, I enjoy going for ward rounds and bedside teaching, I enjoy clerking cases. I just don't like examinations. Period.