Monday, June 15, 2009

There goes the 1st month

I've been on call 3 times this week and I've never felt so over-worked like this before. Imagine if u have to work for 40 hours every other day and you can't afford to make a single mistake. Not even a small one. Don't get me wrong..I'm not complaining...I mean, it is tiring to work as a houseman, but it is true what they say...there is a certain feeling of satisfaction that just can't be explained.
I'm on call again tonight but fortunately I managed to get half day off; meaning I will only be in the ward at 5pm today til 12pm tomorrow instead of 6am today until 6pm tomorrow. So far all my calls has been ok...nothing too scary ever occurred yet..just one death but it was a DIL and NAR case. But then again, maybe it has been ok because coincidently those 3 calls I had were with Dr. E as the MO on call, thus tak takut kena marah if call banyak kali mintak tolong manage acute patients. Since he won't be around for the next 3 weeks, I'm just hoping that tonight's MO on call will be just as cincai as he is.
Btw, I just bought an ipod touch for myself so that I've got something to watch/listen to and surf the net while on passive call nights instead of chitchatting and gossiping with the nurses yang sensitive maximum. Why ipod touch and not iphone u ask? Because I'm the world poorest doctor...tak pernah dapat gaji lagi! Ipod touch is so much cheaper as compared to iphone...kan? =)
Actually I have got so many things going on right now. Great things (Alhamdulillah)..and I'm so tempted to tell it all here but then again, tunggu lah ya..nanti akan saya ceritakan.