Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Cameo Chua

I've never been a huge fan of hockey. Never in my life have I thought of going to a hockey game. And never in my life have I thought I would appear in ESPN; but guess what? Those things really did happen. Haha.. =p
I followed my friends last night to watch a hockey match. For those of you who aren't a hockey fan (I know I'm not alone here), I'm sure you're not aware that there's an International Men's Hockey Tournament (Azlan Shah Cup) currently going on here in Ipoh. It is an annual event, one not to be missed by many. This year there are 7 countries competing.
It was my first time watching a live hockey match..I was reluctant to go and join my friends before because I knew that I will not be enjoying the game as I will have to rub shoulders with tons of Mat Rempit. Since I figured that this is my final year here and the stadium is just 5 minute away, I might as well go and give support to the Malaysian team.
My prediction couldn't be more accurate.
Yes, I was having fun watching and laughing with my friends...until a troop of Remps came and sat right in front of us. From the look of it, most of them seemed younger than us. They did what all rempits always do..which is, annoy people. They sat there, rooting for Argentina, instead of their own country Malaysia, screaming and shouting at how lame team Malaysia was, and worst of all...they lit up the cancer sticks...continuously. They blew the smoke right at our direction. Yana J, one of my friends there, had enough and she actually went up to them and told them off. One of the pakciks there backed her up and only one of the rempits actually moved. There rest, well, they didn't budge at all. I swear to God that I was on the verge of throwing my shoes at them. Pissing me off.
Anywayyyyyyy, the thing about Didi, Ummu, Ayuni, Yana, and I making an appearance (haha..kononnya lahh..) on ESPN, well, that, I don't know. Raden was the one who told us and I, myself haven't seen it. I shall check if they have any repeats tomorrow since I'm going back to PJ tomorrow (no Astro here..huhu).
Btw, Malaysia lost 5-0 to Argentina. And I have to admit...minus the stupid Remps, last night was fun..and yes, I would go again and root for team Malaysia.
=)