Wednesday, June 04, 2008

Thicker Wallet and Deeper Pockets

RM2.70



Are u effin' kidding me?

Seriously?

It's not even funny, man...80cents more per liter?

We all know that the world is really running out of blood for us to suck out and burn. Petrol prices are hiking up everywhere in every part of the world. Is there anyone to blame? The U.S? Our government? Beats me, I dunno...
What I saw tonight was amazing, and crazy..cars were queuing up to 2 kilometers away from the petrol station to get the tank filled by 12am tonight. I went out quite late, thinking that the traffic won't be as bad. I was wrong. At 10pm, the line was just starting to get longer..it was almost up to 3km..ok, I might have exaggerated a bit (given the fact that I am lousy with measurements) but basically, the queue was very long and it was so congested that I figured I should just forget it and go home. Didi told me it took her 2 hours to get to the freaking station. No way I would've waited that long.
Come to think of it, with all the problems nowadays, maybe it is a good idea for us to start using bicycles and roller blades again. It will solve not only one, not two, but three of the world major problems.
Cycling does not use fuel..so we can save money on that.
Cycling is a form of exercise..if everyone starts to cycle everywhere, obesity won't be an issue.
Cycling does not release any form of carbon monoxide to the air...which later will solve the ozone problems..

So, yes, it is a good idea to start pedaling peeps.

But then again, every morning I start off the day by saying "Malasnyeee"

So how?