This morning was my college's open day and also the official launching of the college after it has been re-named to Royal College of Medicine Perak (previously it was Perak College of Medicine)...and being a Royal College it only make sense if the royal family members come to the college and launch it themselves. I was looking forward to see the newly wed Raja Muda Perak Raja Nazrin (owhh..the handsome prince of Perak) and his beautiful wife but they canceled at the last minute. Prolly off for honeymoon or something..Sultan and Sultanah of Perak were there and so was Raja DiHilir Perak.
At first I thought this whole perasmian thing and all the protocols are gonna bore me to death but hell, was I wrong. Ummu and I..well, we were being us...we went to the clinical skills lab where the exhibition was to bug Didi and some other friends of ours..we were not supposed to be there at that time since the Sultan will come and visit the place in 10mins and only the presenters were allowed to be there. We thought of going there only for a little while..but after a few minutes we were there, the room was quarantined and no one can go in or out cause the Sultan was already on his way up..so Ummu and I had no choice but to just pretend to be one of the presenters..hehe..we joined Taufiq and Alwi's counter cause it was the easiest presentation ('How to take blood pressure'..haha). When the Sultan came, Ummu and I tried our best to hide cause we weren't prepared to explain to him about anything and we don't even know how to angkat sembah..see..Didi and
I were hiding behind Taufiq in this photo..hahaha..and just look at Ummu's(pink tudung) and Farah's(blue tudung) face...they were about to laugh..hehe=p the Sultan is a funny man..he made a few funny remarks about the CPR dummy and about the ECG machine..maybe being a royalty and all the protocols does not make him uptight after all..
After checking out the presentations, the Sultan (I don't know how else to address him here..His Majesty? His Royal Highness?) went to the foyer for picture taking session. They took a few formal photos with him and after they were done, Sultan asked his royal photographer (?? is that what we call his personal photographer?) to take some informal photos of him and the students..hehe..Mesra rakyat gitu..haha
All the male college staffs (including the lecturers) wore
black suits with songk
ok while the ladies wore matching baju kurung. Here's a photo with my surgery lecturers..Mr. Wong (Surgeon..btw, we address surgeons as Mr. not Dr...don't ask me why) and Dato' Subra (Plastic Surgeon)..hehe..it was funny to see how awkward they look with songkok on..awkward but cute eh..=)Currently Listening