But sungai? Never tried it before...until 3 weeks ago.
Rina, a dear friend of mine, planned for a picnic at Ulu Kenas..it's a place situated in Kuala Kangsar, supposedly a nice place to have picnics..and since I've never went for a picnic by the river, I jumped to that idea.
To cut the long story short, I did have fun with the girls, splashing and playing in the cold cold water as you can see in the pictures below...but I don't think I'm the type of person to go for a picnic and mandi sungai; at least not at Ulu Kenas...There were millions and millions of mosquitoes (and there I was, wearing short sleeves baby-tee and 3 quarter pants, imagine...), cats(don't get me started on those stupid cats), and worst of all, dirty filthy toilet. I am really really choosy when it comes to toilets..I can't do my business, let alone shower and change my clothes in a dirty public toilet. No, I'm not a spoil brat who needs gold plated toilet seat...I just need a decent, clean, and preferably smell-free toilet..that's all..
I ended up not changing my clothes and I wore it until we came back to Ipoh. My whole body was itchy by the time we arrived home..and there were rashes all over my thigh and back.
Maybe it's a good idea for me to just stick with beaches.
=)