I don’t have any internet connection in Taiping so I’m basically not in sync with the tech right now..the civilization hasn’t reach my place yet I guess..and even it’s already there I don’t think I’ll have the time to go online anyway..
This past one week has been quite stressful..I had to deal with the busy-ness of my timetable, running here and there to get my log book signed (I have to see procedures and cases to get the log book complete), and I had to deal with childish behaviors among those who were supposed to be “grown up men”. Unnecessary and little things were brought up by them and it has affected the whole group. It has brought a negative vibe among the group members.
I have watched a few more deliveries and episiotomy sutures (the suture after delivery at you-know-where) and I even helped in an operation! Hehe..not exactly and operation lah..more like a procedure done in operation theater…Dr Ng asked me to assist him in that particular procedure and was I excited and scared at the same time! =P I was kinda shocked when he asked me to assist him but I agreed anyway…it’s not always that a 3rd year medical student get to assist in such procedure…but as I was washing and sterilizing my hands I was having tachycardia and many things were in my head…what if I pull the thing to hard…what if I lose my balance…what if…what if…what if…
The what ifs went on and on in my head but it quickly disappeared when I actually stood beside the operation table and helped with the procedure according to Dr Ng’s instructions. With blood dripping all over my hands (I wore gloves of course) and a few splashes of blood on my arm I managed to stand still and balanced my hands and body and successfully assist the medical officer..wooohooo
This is a picture before we went into the operation theathre…hehe..sempat lagi
Went to The Curve last night with Dalia, Zaza, Adeq, Mel, Tasha, Sakinah, Haikal, and Nizam…we celebrated Dalia’s birthday at Italiannese and it was a blast! I finally get to see some familiar friendly faces I’ve been missing so much…got to laugh with the people who has the same wavelength with me…I needed that so much just to let go of all the stress I’ve been carrying the
se past few weeks. =(
We had wayyy too much pasta and other Italian food and we drank a loooooot of ice lemon tea…we took tons of pictures (as usual)…hehe..and since we are all on holiday for a week, I’m looking forward for our usual movie marathon and eating-and-pigging-out nights…(of course, I’ll study before and after I go out..hehe)..
This past week I have been discussing with a medical officer about my future in medical field and my future as a doctor…he told me about the busy-ness of a houseman officer so that I’ll be mentally and physically prepared for it…he also explained to me about OBGYN since I told him OBGYN is one of the specialty I’m thinking about joining…and let’s just say I’ve changed my mind. I don’t think I can cope with endless “on-calls” and clinic hours..and labour room duties…I would rather spend time at home with family (current and future mind you)..and of course, with Cinta. =p The MO told me that it’s a good thing that I already have a rough idea what I want to take up after my housemanship cause I’ll have a target and I’ll work hard for it…haha..aiming is easy isn't it...those examinations are the hard part...bleah~
Basically I’m now thinking of specializing in medicine and become physician or maybe a paediatrician..=) but of course, I have to pass my professional papers and my housemanship first..hehe..wish me luck peeps! =)