Ok..if I had to sum up my week in just one word, it'll be..."Omigod"..yeah..that's 3 but with that kinda spelling I'll consider it as one.
My group and I went to Taiping on Monday afternoon, 4th of February after our briefing with Prof Azhar in the morning. We went there with high spirits..but our high spirits were pulled down in no time after we saw the house they (the college) rented for us to stay for the whole month we are in Taiping. The girls' house (which is the house I'm staying =p) is just toooooo small to fit 10 students. They rented a single storey terrace house, 3 bedrooms, one freakin' toilet & shower, and a tiny weenie kitchen. Each bedroom is shared by 3-4 students and they did not provide us with study tables, chairs, and cupboards...just 2 sets of double decker beds in each room. Imagine..10 girls in a house like that..we all do know what it will equals to don't we? it will obviously can lead to silly catfights and b****ness isn't it? and imagine...ONE toilet and ONE shower for TEN girls? seriously?
The boys' house is even worse..they rented a double storey house for them but there are 14 of them that will be staying in that house since the male students from paediatrics posting will be joining us in Taiping next week. The landlord provided them with SIX beds! half of them have to sleep on the floor!
Seriously I have no idea what the college administration were thinking when they signed the agreement with the landlord..my groupmates and I did complaint to the administration and persuade them to at least rent another house so that we'll be split into 2 subgroups..but til now there's no actions taken..humbug.
About my OBGYN posting..
Totally totally different from my previous posting (medicine)...it is so hectic, I don't have time to sleep, to study, to eat. We have to be there at the hospital by 730am to follow ward rounds by the houseman officer and follow another round with the medical officer and the specialist. We'll finish all our classes by 5pm and after that we are supposed to clerk cases if we are not on call for any ward (gynae, or labour)..usually if we are not on call, we'll be home by 8 but if we are on call, it can be up til 12midnight..
And to make matter worse for me, my new housemates are really really hardworking that I felt guilty everytime I went to sleep. They'll still be up when I went to bed and already up and showered when I woke up the next morning. I have no idea when they actually go to bed. It's a kind of pressure that I don't like but I know it's good for me cause I'll force myself to study more..
I'm so lucky to have a wonderful and understanding boyfie like beloved Adan..he never whines or complaints or sulk about not being able to talk to me as much as we used to and as much as we would like to..sorry yang..will make it up to u soon k ;)
Whatever it is, it's way too early to judge OBGYN and to decide whether I still want to persue my medical carrier as a gynae later on in life.
Taiping is alright but I caught myself missing Ipoh sometimes (something I never thought would happen..bleah~).