
I'm currently listening to-
Konvicted by Akon
It's not that bad really, kinda great to listen to. I thought it's gonna be full of smack that here and there but heck, was I wrong. There's r&b, hip hop, ballad and even raggae.
On the almost ‘rock/pop’ ballad “Never Took The Time”, Akon eases your ears for a few minutes with some real melodic and mellow singing over guitars. In fact, I think he sounds better on that kind of vibe than he does on hip-hop joints.
On the track following that ,“Mama Africa”, we hear a reggae-vibed joint. It’s a good, old-type reggae music, like the Bob Marley days, not like the commercialized, much altered reggae songs out now. I bet Sanjeev will love this song (he's a Marley lover..an avid fan)
I wouldn’t even classify this album as a hip-hop or an R&B album, it is somewhere in between that.