Friday, July 15, 2011

1st Anni, 2nd HoneyM

For our 1st anniversary, hubby has planned for a week long trip to Barcelona and Rome for the two of us. I've always wanted to go to Barcelona ever since I saw Samantha Brown's Guide to Europe on AFC last year...and as for Rome, who wouldn't want to see the Colosseum, right? I was super excited about this trip since other than France and UK, I've never been anywhere else in this particular continent.
Our trip started of in Barcelona where we spent 4 days and 3 nights. We went there by EasyJet..took the earliest flight of the day and I slept throughout the flight since we had to wake up at 4am that morning.
In Barcelona, we stayed at B Hotel. Hubby booked this hotel for its location and based on the great reviews given at Tripadvisor. Given the fact that it is not one of those 4/5 star hotel with doormen and huge lobby with extravaganza decorations, I did not expect anything much..but man..this hotel is awesome smoshem ok! The receptionists are friendly, the wifi is super fast, the room is big and comfortable, and and and...it has an infinity pool at the rooftop!! Huhu..not to forget that it is just 50 meters away for the Metro and right next to a huge shopping mall (score!) and 100 meters away from one of the famous touristy site, The Monjuic Fountain. By far the best hotel I've stayed in in terms of convenience and value for money. (B Hotel should pay me for this free advertisement!)

That floor to ceiling kayu thingy is actually a sliding door a.k.a the main entrance. The two of us didn't know that and we actually went around the hotel to look for the entrance. Doinks!

See through bathroom! Kinky!! Haha..ada automatic blinders in between the glass wall tu actually.

Anyway, after we have freshened up a bit, with metro and city maps in hand, we were off, venturing the city . The deal I had with hubby was that, for Barcelona, I will plan the itinerary and decide for places to visit and he will plan for Rome. This time, I actually did some research for my trip..heh. Will blog about those 4 days in the next post!